Are you a fitness, yoga, pilates, LMT, physical therapist, pain medicine specialist, chiropractor, movement, or health/wellness professional of any kind? Or are you just looking to advance your skills in self-care?
Austin School of Yoga is thrilled to bring back Trina Altman, senior Yoga Tune Up® teacher trainer and Pilates Deconstructed™ founder, from Los Angeles to teach The Roll Model® Method “The Science of Rolling” and “Ball Sequencing & Innovation” trainings to Castle Hill Fitness.
Space is very limited, so sign up through Austin School of Yoga ASAP!*
*Both trainings are included for trainees registered for the 2017 Austin School of Yoga Teacher Training, starting in April.
The Roll Model® Method – The Science of Rolling
July 22, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Put the power of self-massage into your own hands in this training that empowers you to personally adopt and also teach simple and effective self-care regimens. The YTU Therapy Balls can be used as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations.
This training equips you to:
• Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the YTU Therapy Balls.
• dentify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
• Lead classes through step-by step, proven, whole-body exercises, approved by physical therapists, pain medi- cine specialists, and chiropractors, that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet
Use this training to learn strategies for your own health and maintenance, or incorporate YTU Therapy Ball sequences into your teaching toolkit by introducing embodied anatomy concepts to your students.
*This module is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician.
The Roll Model® Method – Ball Sequencing & Innovation
July 23, 10am – 6pm
Put the power of self-myofascial release into your own hands. This training empowers you to personally adopt and teach simple yet highly effective self-care regimens for pain-relief and improved performance. The 4 different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls included in this module can be used as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations. These proven, whole-body exercises are approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors.
This training equips you to:
• Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
• Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
• Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
• Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies.
• Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your clients
• Learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls that unravel patterns of pain and dysfunction.
(Tuition includes all Roll Model® Therapy Balls (1 pair each of original Yoga Tune Up® Balls, Therapy Ball Plus, 1 ALPHA, and 1 Coregeous® Ball) course handbook and an optional certificate of completion.)
*This module is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician. There is no pre-requisite to attend, but you are highly encouraged to take The Science of Rolling Training before or after taking Ball Sequencing and Innovation.
*CEC Credits available with the following organizations: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM
$295 each/$265 early bird by July 1
$50 discount for both trainings**
Note: Tuition includes training manual, YTU Therapy Balls, recorded sequences, & optional certificate of completion.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
• The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller – Available at Amazon.com,barnesandnoble.com or www.yogatuneup.com/RollModel
• Trail Guide to the Body 4th edition by Andrew Biel – http://goo.gl/nheQ64
• Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar-http://ytu.io/2bmmGGI
**plus 3% convenience fee for credit cards; email or call if you want to pay by check or cash. (512) 963-1653 or email@example.com.
For more info about the Austin School of Yoga 200-hour teacher training, starting April 2017, visit www.austinschoolofyoga.com.